How to Land Your Dream Job in Your Twenties
You could be working in a coffee shop by day and babysitting by night. Achieving your dream job in your 20s can feel like a never-ending treadmill, but trust in the fact that job hopping and career mistakes are all part of the process. The good news is that these are all crucial pieces which can help you to fit your career puzzle together.
1. Define What You Want –Take some time out to sit down and research the job that you really want. You have to be prepared and know what you are letting yourself in for, so keep yourself focused and put everything you have into achieving your goal.
2. Stop Asking For Permission – It doesn’t matter what other people think about the career path you may choose to go down, because at the end of the day you are the person who has to live with it. So more than anything, the prospect of having this job should excite and motivate you.
3. Reach Out To Your Connections And Make New Ones – Networking is more important now than ever, so always remember to carry business cards and use social media to your advantage. According to Fortune Magazine experts, ‘more than 90% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find talented candidates’.
4. Find Ways To Stand Out –You’re one in 300 million potential job seekers on LinkedIn so being creative is essential. Showcasing the right amount of personality or expressing your professional voice on industry-related news that you’re actually passionate about, can go a long way.
5. Never Doubt Yourself And Keep Your Mind Open To The Journey – Undoubtedly there will be obstacles along the way and in the end you may not end up in the destinations you initially hoped you would be. However, you did everything you could to get there and you never know you could still end up there in your thirties!